Friday, July 18, 2008

Raising Kids

Does your husband participate in deciding how to raise the kids? Or does he follow your lead and support whatever you decide? Do you discuss on a regular basis how to raise the kids? What are the main points you talk about?


My husband is very supportive of how I spend my day with the kids. He is encouraging and listens when I have questions or want his suggestions. He doesn’t usually lead discussions or offer thoughts on what we should do. But if I want to know how we should go about doing something, he’s right there, ready to listen and share his thoughts.

4 comments:

Meghan Theiss said...

ditto
--Megs

Anonymous said...

Same here- Brian and I are on the same page when it comes to raising our children. He is very supportive and concerned with doing what is best for our family and pleasing God as we train them up in the way they should go. I admire that he WANTS to spend time with us and the kids. He usually is in the process of reading a book about raising children. I am so thankful!

Kelly said...

He is very supportive, of everything. We talk, constantly it seems, about the things going on in their lives with school or dance or gymnastics or whatever. I have to say I think I'm lucky though...Ty's work schedule allows him to be home a lot with them and me so it's a team effort. I love that! He will give me an opinion if I ask him, but generally won't say a thing if I don't ask or want to know. He will step in if I'm getting overwhelmed with something too which is great. We talk about most things, but the general little decipline stuff like yes you can go out and play or no you have to make your bed first, those little things we don't, we each do what we feel is right at the minute. Our parenting styles are pretty evenly matched I think.

Jamie S said...

Jon is super involved. I bounce ideas off him all the time. When we're anywhere together we share the job completely. He was good before, but the time he spent as a stay at home dad while I worked full time last year (while he was between jobs) made him even better! He is even more involved now. During that time he even did all the chores, all the meal planning, grocery shopping and cooking!